An Interview with Becky from Planner Fun!

May 08, 2015

Hey everyone! I am glad to say that today, I won't be the only one writing!  Today we have our special guest star Becky from Planner Fun!  I love Becky's organized and fun style, and I adore the printables she designs. So without further ado, here's Becky!
-
Hi, I'm Becky and I'm a 40 something year old (okay, okay, I'm 49 - y ou made me say it), Christian mom to two boys ages 12 and 14.  I spend my days homeschooling, making planner forms (and other printables), and sometimes I crochet.  My hubby and I have been married since 1993 and we enjoy our family time with the guys, eating out, and occasionally taking impromptu day trips.




1. What planner/planners do you have? Are there any you want to get?

I have an older, brown leather, zippered Day-Timer that is 8.5" x 5.5".  I bought it over 15 years ago and it is still in great shape.  Eventually I would like to try a Filofax but for now I am quite content with my Day-Timer.

​​2. ​​What planners are you using at the moment?

F​or Christmas my hubby gave me a ​red Day-Timer Organizer​ (also 8.5" x 5.5"​​).  This particular one has a soft, flexible cover which I love and a magnetic tab instead of a zipper.  I am enjoying it very much!​

​​3. What are your favorite planner brands?​

Well, you would think Day-Timer, wouldn't you?  :)  I just haven't tried any others up to this point.  Like I mentioned, I'm wanting to try a Filofax at some point, but  I am mainly interested in just planner binders as I like making my own inserts too much to stick with just one thing for any length of time.

​​4. Where do you draw inspiration from for your planner?

​Facebook groups and websites where other planners share what they are using and what works for them.  I often find inspiration from Pinterest as well. ​

​​5. Do you any favorite planner bloggers?

​Yes, Kristy at Giftie Etcetera and Patty at Homemakers Daily are two bloggers that I read regularly.

​​6. What are 5 things for your planner that you absolutely can't leave the house without?
​Sharpie Pens in black and red
Highlighter (whatever color I'm using at the time, currently pink)
Frixion erasable pen in Black
Graph note paper
Post-it notes and page tags​​

​​7. What is the current theme for your planner pages?

​I like bright white pages with open spaces and lines and checkboxes.​

​​8. What would you describe your planner decoration style as?

​Well, I'm what I guess is called a functional planner.  Although I bought a few rolls of Washi tape when I started, I don't really decorate my pages now.  I was once very much in to scrapbooking and loved it.  After the last baby book was finally completed, I moved to digital scrapping to save time and eventually quit doing that up as well.​

​​9. How did you first discover your love of planners?

​I have always loved desk-top publishing.  I would make newsletters on an electric typewriter before personal computers (yes, I'm that old!), business cards and certificates when I got my first computer (Macintosh Classic II with the tiny screen), and  then forms:  business, home management and to do lists when I discovered Microsoft Publisher.  I liked making printables so much that I started putting them on my blog and discovered that there was a "demand" for planner inserts.  Last July I pulled out my old planner and started creating my own inserts.  I enjoyed the creating and discovered that I loved being organized and having a plan.

10. What is your favorite thing about Live. Love. Planners.?​

I am a new reader of Live. Love. Planners, so I am just getting started.  This post right here is the one that drew me in!  Live. Love. Planners is now in my newsreader and I'm looking forward to each new post.
-
Thank you so much Becky for being here today! Make sure to check out her site http://www.plannerfun.com/!

If you are interested in being featured in an interview on Live. Love. Planners., send me an e-mail at beth.dewald@gmail.com! Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment